Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pics Galore!


Aren't they the cutest little Korean girls you ever saw?  Say "Kimchi!"



I'm really excited about this post because it's the first one with pictures!  It makes it all much more exciting when you have to wait, don't you think?

 The bottom part of the pic is where my apartment is.  This is the skyline near my apt.



If you look closely, you can see the left is the same as the pic above.  So this is the city next to where I live. The white thing is just the top of an awning.





This is just more of the city.  These pics were taken from above the park - hence the trees.  This main drag is one I walk down any time I need to go to a bus stop or head to the subway station.  In the background you can sort of see the mountains.

This is the park.  It looks so much better at night when it's all lit up.







If you look at the bottom of the building you can see Dunkin Donuts.

I tried to act like I was taking a pic of the building.  Typical Korean schoolgirl.  Many of them wear this.

Dunkin Donuts at the bottom floor, and then Korean businesses on every floor with signs to advertise.


This is a street vendor selling popcorn.  They are set up everywhere and stay open late.  Hard work.








Here is a street menu, with pictures and prices of all the food.  These are the only places I would eat at when I first got here.  Now I know this is pretty much the cheapest food you can get.

Here's a closeup of the menu.  3,400 won is $3.40.  So, like I said, really cheap.  What you're looking at is steamed white rice, fried shrimp, and traditional Korean sidedishes like kimchi to go with it.

The trinkets here are so cute!
Little dogs are common here, but they don't have the attitude of a Paris Hilton pursedog.  These are tough little dogs who go through a lot, and I mostly feel sorry for them rather than thinking "How cute!"
Kraze Burger is my favorite place to eat! 
They are obsessed with blondes here.  Many ads feature a white woman with blonde hair.
I chose this pic because you can see that the little boy is wearing a tie.  This is not uncommon.


And last but not least, a little Korean.  Okay, what does it say?  Shu something, that's all I got.




1 comment:

  1. You know, the reason that little dog doesn't have the attitude of a Paris Hilton purse-dog may be because he never knows when he might be the feature attraction on one of those fast food menus you posted a pic of. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete