Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Made it Halfway!

The first semester of teaching is over! Only one more semester and I won't have to say this is my first year of teaching. :) I can't believe it.

Before we left for the holidays, our school had a decorating contest. And guess what?? My class won!! I don't have pictures of all of it, but here are the highlights. I have to give credit for the Christmas trees to my sister, because I remember she made a Christmas tree out of magazines once and I thought it was cool. I asked my lead teacher to call the local coffee shops and ask if they had any extra magazines, and they did, so we made cool decorations for really cheap. My room has 2 walls of windows so that's what we decorated on. The one at the bottom says Jesus is the Reason for the Season, you just can't read it very well. And the trees are made from rolled up magazines.

Since we won, we got a pizza party. Which was awesome, considering I bring my lunch to school every day. Free pizza, and we watched Home Alone 2. It was great. And now for some time off...






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog - makes me wish I had done something like this when I first started teaching! Great learning experience for you. Let me know if there is anything you need for your classroom - like class sets of books, etc. as we could be getting rid of some at my school. (Sherri, your Dad's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri! If you happen to have any reading books for grade levels 7-9 I'll take them, but don't feel obligated because they are taking good care of us here with texts/materials.

    ReplyDelete