Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Stay Put and Grow


I was blessed last month to have my sister Jill visit during my school’s Energy Break from February 16-22 and we had a great time in Salzburg, Munich, and Vienna. I was able to be a somewhat decent tour guide since I know the ropes and can speak a little German now. Our favorite part was the Third Reich Walking Tour in Munich, Germany where we learned a lot of history on how the Nazis came into power.

At ICSV I have been given the opportunity to serve as a chaperone on the school’s mission trip to Romania in April. I’m in charge of the skits so please pray that all goes well with that. We will be doing 3 to 4 skits about Christ and Easter and maybe a dance.

Since the fall I’ve been blessed to co-lead a bible study with four girls from school and I’ve included a picture of them at the top posing with a bag of candy for Valentine’s Day. They are all juniors and seniors. Please pray that our time together is well spent.

Adjusting to life in Vienna is going well, and now that I’ve been living in my apartment since November, I feel pretty settled in. I used my birthday party in January as an opportunity to finish all the little details missing from my apartment like paint, shelves, hanging a couple pictures, and finally getting rid of extra boxes lying around.

I turned 26 this year, and it feels great to be on my way to 30 and hopefully a little older and wiser. I joke that I’d rather not round up to 30, but actually it’s not as scary as other 20-somethings make it seem. God has blessed me and I give him all the praise.


I feel that the verse below is true for my life at the moment. Not everything is easy, but sometimes it’s necessary to stay put and grow, like a tree. A tree cannot become big and strong unless it stays in one place. Teaching and being in a foreign country and making new friends isn’t always easy, but, like the tree, I have to daily choose to get my source of strength from God (water).

Psalm 1:3
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither-- whatever they do prospers.

No comments:

Post a Comment