Friday, June 29, 2012

3 Kids for 2 Weeks

I must admit, I'm not much of a dog person, but when the opportunity comes along for me to spend 2 weeks in a nice house with a break from the world, I take it. Of course it helps too that I get paid. For 2 weeks I'm taking care of 3 boston terriers for my new step-aunt and step-uncle.

When we went somewhere to get fresh eggs and she said, "This is my niece Julie," it totally threw me off. She is my mom's fiance's sister, but I still hadn't made the connection. The point is that I need to do a good job because I'm part of her family now and she's part of mine. As I write this my mom is in France getting married. Congratulations mom! (I'm bummed I can't be there.)

Anyway, back to the dogs. There are 3 crazy dogs running around this house, and one of them might be smarter than me. Her name is Minnie. She is very good at jumping up behind me and licking my face before I have time to react. And she likes to play chase.

This post is basically to brag on myself for breaking my mold a little bit, because I did something I have never ever done for the first time. I let a dog lick my lips! Let me explain.

When I arrived to take care of the dogs, they got all licky and jumpy and I was not ready for the onslaught. But then I saw how much my aunt was so loving to them and how lovey they were to her. They would run around the house and then jump up next to her for a kiss (yeah on the lips) and then get petted and then jump off the couch and keep running around.

Well, now that she's gone, that's what they want to do to me. They run around and then jump up right next to me, and it's clear they want a kiss because they lean close to your face and their tongues are going 90 miles an hour. So yesterday I just sucked it up, closed my eyes, and closed my lips real tight together, and let Minnie kiss me. And I embraced the grossness that I felt was all over me in the form of dog slobber.

And now I have stopped trying to resist the onslaught of dog slobber. It's on my face, my hands, my clothes, and who knows what else, but the dogs are happy. And that is my job, to make the dogs happy. Haha. Hope y'all are having a happy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment