Friday, March 30, 2012

Here Lately

We finally are in the 4th quarter at school! My 7th graders on the 1st day of the 4th quarter started saying, "Yay! It's the 4th quarter!! School's almost over!!" I thought about getting excited and yelling it with them, but then I thought maybe they shouldn't see I'm so excited too. ^^

Okay, quick lesson on smiley faces in Korea.
^^ = smiley face (see? It's just the eyes)
^-^ = smiley face with a cute nose
^_^ = This is the "not sure what to think but mostly happy" face
TT =  2 capital T's is 2 eyes crying
T-T = crying face with a mouth
>_< = angry face or "that doesn't sound good" face

I've embraced these smiley faces like I've embraced the peace signs everybody sports in pictures. I've also started involuntarily bowing to everybody when I meet someone new or walk into a store. I don't think I'll break the habit easily when I go to Texas.^^ Especially when I say thank you, I add a little bow to it to show my appreciation.

I miss Texas weather! Last week it snowed here. I've been dreaming about warm weather and I can't wait to come home for a visit. For those of you wondering I'll be heading back to Texas in late June and staying until mid or late August probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment